Responsible for implementing and maintaining the goals and plan of care for consumers of the Vocational Services Program, the successful completion of daily production assignments, and for the tasks associated with the North Carolina Board of Nursing Nurse Aide I role (e.g. medication administration, personal care/ADLs, toileting, safety, special procedures)
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill consumers’ goals and plan of care
- Advocate for and participate in consumers’ goals and plan of care
- Perform tasks associated with the Nurse Aide I role for assigned consumers
- Assist consumers with communication, social skills, and work-related tasks
- Complete consumer production paperwork accurately and timely
- Maintain necessary certifications and training, including: core competencies, CPR/First Aid, NCI+
- Assist consumers with personal needs during scheduled breaks and lunch period
- Facilitate consumers’ orientation to the agency’s physical environment, routine schedule, general policies, and procedures
Minimum required: High school diploma or GED and current certification as a Nursing Assistant
Preferred: Experience working with individuals living with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and familiarity with American Sign Language
Must not be under investigation, found guilty of any violation, or have work restrictions as indicated in the following NC registries: Nurse Aide I, NC Medication Aide, and/or NC Health Care Personnel
Must be 21 years old
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Patience, empathy, and the ability to model positive and prosocial behaviors
- Excellent attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Technical proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word, and web-based applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and collaboratively with professional colleagues
- Credibility, good judgement, integrity, and the ability to manage deadlines
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Chatham Trades is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.