Responsible for carrying out the Plan of Care as outlined for assigned consumer(s).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists consumers in becoming oriented to facility environment and routine, including schedule and rules
- Trains consumers to become independent in taking care of personal needs at breaks and lunch and moving about the facility and community
- Works with consumer to improve communication and social skills
- Trains consumer on basic living skills and other duties as needed to fulfill consumer’s Plan of Care
- Participates in Plan of Care meeting and routine goal revision
- Completes documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Trains and assists consumer with work related tasks
- Correctly completes production work and accompanying paperwork
- Attends scheduled meetings and trainings; maintains necessary certification
- Advocates for consumers
- Minimum required: High school graduate or equivalent. Must successfully complete an Interventions Course, Core Competencies, and First Aid/CPR
- Preferred: Experience in production and working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Must be 21 years old and meet company requirements to transport consumers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to organize and supervise the work of others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff and consumers
- Ability to meet production standards
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Submit completed English application or Spanish application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Chatham Trades, Inc. at PO Box 511, Siler City, NC, 27344.
Chatham Trades is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please.