Responsible for training, supervision, and assessment of consumers in his/her area, for meeting production schedules and standards, and for working with consumers on accomplishing goals.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Orients new consumers to work environment and instructs consumers in new tasks
- Makes job assignments both to maximize training opportunities and to meet production requirements
- Works closely with Vocational Services Manager to identify needs of individuals and to establish goal plans and work with them on accomplishing goals
- Maintains productivity records for consumers and participates in regular person-centered planning with consumers, other staff, and interested parties
- Responsible for production contracts in his/her work area, as well as maintenance and security of materials, supplies, tools, and equipment being used in work area
- Instructs consumers in quality control procedures
- Maintains constant supervision to ensure that safety measures are carried out
- Deals with behavior problems. Refers difficult cases to Vocational Services Manager
- Prepares finished jobs for shipment
- Works with Vocational Services Manager to plan non-work-related activities. Supervises these activities
- Assists in supervision of breaks
- Serves on committees as assigned
- Attends training as necessary to maintain certifications
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Substitutes for other positions as needed
- Administers medication as needed
Minimum required: High school diploma or equivalent. Must successfully complete an Interventions Course, Core Competencies, and First Aid/CPR
Preferred: Graduation from a recognized college or university and/or one year of experience in intellectual and developmental programming
Must be 21 years old and meet company requirements to transport consumers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize and supervise the work of others
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with staff and consumers
- Ability to meet production standards
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Submit completed application by email to email@example.com or mail to Chatham Trades, Inc. at PO Box 511, Siler City, NC, 27344.
Chatham Trades is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please