Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional
Supervises planning and implementation of services for consumers. Works with community agencies (Mental Health, local management entities, school systems, community college, Department of Social Services, etc.) in coordinating programs. Provides professional supervision to direct care staff.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains services compliance with CARF (Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission) standards and with regulations/guidelines established by consumer sponsors (MCO/LME)
- Coordinates admissions of consumers referred to program(s) and completes all necessary intake procedures. Completes necessary assessments to verify consumer eligibility and to develop appropriate consumer evaluation or treatment (employment) plan
- Develops appropriate consumer treatment plans in partnership with consumer, facility staff, sponsor, and other appropriate persons. Monitors consumer progress towards agreed outcomes. Works with Admission Committee and other staff to ensure appropriate consumer movement through the organization’s programs
- Counsels with consumers individually as necessary regarding personal and social problems, discipline, work habits, and other issues impacting consumer’s progress towards agreed outcomes. Provides case management for consumers as needed
- Makes referrals to other agencies, as needed, to meet consumers’ social, medical, legal, or financial needs
- Ensures consumers receive adequate instruction and supervision to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Works with appropriate staff to establish and evaluate appropriate expectations for programs and to provide effective outcome management
- Assures completion of professional supervision for direct care staff
- Serves as Qualified Professional for the facility
- Attends training as necessary to maintain certifications
- Related duties as assigned
An individual who holds a license, provisional license, certificate, registration or permit issued by the governing board regulating a human service profession, except a registered nurse who is licensed to practice in the State of North Carolina by the North Carolina Board of Nursing, who also has four years of full-time accumulated experience with the population served; or a graduate of a college or university with a Master’s degree in a human service field and has one year of full-time, post-graduate degree accumulated experience with the population served; or a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a human service field and has two years of full-time, post-bachelor’s degree accumulated experience with the population served; or a graduate of a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a field other than human services and has four years of full-time, post-bachelor’s degree accumulated experience with the population served.
Must be over 21 years old and meet company requirements to transport consumers
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with consumers, caregivers, agency representatives, and the public
- Knowledge of the services and operations of the organization and ability to coordinate assistance through others agencies as necessary and available
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Excellent skills in computer usage including Word, Excel, email and internet
- Detail-oriented and able to carry out work with the highest levels of accuracy
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Submit completed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Chatham Trades, Inc. at PO Box 511, Siler City, NC, 27344.
Chatham Trades is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls please